Applications may sometimes have test cases maintained in Excel Sheet.
Usually the columns are something like this:
- USE CASES
- S. No.
- Category (Functional Or Non-Functional)
- SubCategory (Security, Data, Exception, Performance etc.)
- TEST CASES
- Test Case No.
- Use Case No.
- Initial State
- Test Case Description
- Expected Result
- SCREENSHOTS and LOGS of the test results can be maintained (for every test case) in a doc file.
I have been using Jive for Office 2.0 app in the Past with Office 2010 and it worked perfectly with Word 2010.
Normal.dotm corrupt in word 2013
Error: we can’t open normal.dotm beacuse we found problems with its contents
1. Delete it from: C:\Users\khematar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
a. This got rid of the error but the plugin still doesn’t work
2. Debug the issue with enabling errors: http://www.scinaptic.com/support/0053.html
a. This does not display any errors at startup for me and the plugin that caused the corruption
still doesn’t work
Anyways this issue is resolved as after deleting the dotm file, word was able to create a new one in the next startup, and for future, In the advanced options I checked the NOTIFY ON STYLE CHANGE option and so if anyone tries to change the normal.dotm file, I get notified.
How To Enable: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/start-power-pivot-in-microsoft-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx
Clk on manage in Pivot Tab and then select other souces-> Excel table and
select source : C:\Docs\Downloads\PowerViewPowerPivotHelloWorldPicnicSamples\HelloWorldPicnicPowerViewRTM.xlsx
do OK and there u go…