Typescript is a stone’s throw from 1.0 today. Here are the answers I need to make my decision:
- How to use it with AngularJS
- Is typescript open source ?
- Yes : https://typescript.codeplex.com/
- typescript for windows 8 apps
- vs Traceur
- Does it work for node apps
- npm install -g typescript
- Will it help me learn ES6
- Yes, coz for debugging I’ll be looking at JS code and so will have to understand what TS code compiles to what JS and how and why
The TypeScript compiler by default compiles to ECMAScript 3 (ES3)-compliant code; however, you can compile to ECMAScript 5 (ES5) if you change the “Compile to ECMAScript 3” option to False in Visual Studio, which sets the tsc compiler flag –target to generate ES5 code. Developers who want to use property-style syntax or any ES5 or proposed ES6 TypeScript features should set this switch.
I’m ready to start now. Off to: http://www.typescriptlang.org/