To keep a track of all of this, i looked for a easy web solution in mid 2012…finally after searching and trying out few things, i decided to go with this fworkflow :
1. Whenever i come across a movie/show that i want, i add it to my IMDB Wishlist (seperate for eng and hindi stuff).
2.Next, when i acquire it, i move it to unseen list on IMDB and also clip it into evernote (where i have the same lists as tags : Eng, Hindi, ). I also add it’s IMDB link to my chrome bookmarks, with the eng and hindi tags(this is very effective as when you’re searching in the chrom omnibar, it also searches your bookmarks and so gives you instant results).
3. Then, when i watch it, i promote it to the watched list on IMDB and that’s it.
This system has worked well for me and also provides multiple backups and analytics:
1. Analytics and filtering can be easily done in IMDB
2. Evernote notes can be downloaded using the dextop client and i back them up in my Google Drive and Dropbox
3. Finally, chrome bookmarks are syncd across devices and so its present everywhere (in case you don’t want to/ have access to Evernote or IMDB web apps)