Perform the following steps in order:
- Sources tab -> enable override and select folder
- Refresh app
- in n/w tab, right clk on call to override and do “save for override”
- update the file that chrome puts in your override folder
The same things as Parent to iFrame can be achieved in inter tab communication but the APIs are different:
- Parent has the reference to the child tab from the start
- Child tab need to use the window.opener to get the parent reference.
then they can send messages back and forth using postMessage API
This works across all browsers.