Simulate Locally: https://github.com/lambci/docker-lambda
- AWS Lambda Functions are easy to build and deploy.
- You only pay for resources used in the execution of your Lambda Function, not for servers to standby and be ready to execute your function. This should yield cost savings where you have highly variable load.
- Automatic scaling of the underlying compute resources falls out as part of the approach. In fact, it isn’t even really a question or consideration from a technical perspective.
- Integration with other AWS services is trivial as is exposing your function for direct invocation.
- You are trading management of fewer, coarser-grained components for the management of an increased number of finer-grained Lambda Functions